Summary of Role
This individual is responsible for designing and executing test plans for embedded software with the ultimate goal of automating the tests. Responsibilities include development and execution of verification test scripts. This work will involve close collaboration with development and quality engineers.
- Create and execute test strategies for key product features for release
- Find, characterize, and manage issues through resolution on hardware and firmware
- Automate manual test cases
- Write internal tools to help other developers and testers to use the product
- Work with developers and product managers to design test plans
- Create plans, tests and tools for requirements verification and product validation
- Help integrate tools for managing requirements, test suites, and defects
- Work with product and development teams to understand the system.
- Design creative test cases that will validate the system as well as attempt to break it.
- See features through from implementation to production.
- Produce solid verification reports.
- Communicate results back to product owners and internal customers.
- Convert manual test cases to Python test cases on in-house test automation framework.
- Identify and implement process, development and communication improvements.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Solid Python programming experience
- Familiar with C/C++
- Test-minded; has a unique ability to break things
- Solid troubleshooting, debugging and documentation skills
- Takes the initiative and is self-driven
Additional Desired Experience
- Experience working with embedded hardware and software
- Experience with microcontroller protocols such as SPI, I2C, PWM, JTAG
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems
- Experience in writing and executing verification plans on medical devices, aviation, or other safety critical applications