Summary of Role
Are you interested in working on patient friendly life-saving wearable devices? At Element Science, we are applying a patient-centric approach to the development of life-saving therapies. We are a San Francisco based medical device and information technology company building wearable solutions for patients with high risk of cardiac arrest.
Our Design and User Experience team is looking for a mid-level Communication Designer who is interested in applying their design skills to help create a great user experience for patients who wear life-saving wearable devices; support our continuing Design development efforts, that includes the Patient focused processes, Packaging Design and Marketing materials.
Your role would involve working in close coordination with the Design & UX as well as the Clinical team to develop appropriate design solutions that lead our clinical trial and commercial goals.
This being a Contract-to-Hire position as we grow our creative team, the ideal candidate must possess the ability to work independently and be able to support complex design projects of various types and utilize software to execute, revise, or adapt creative design into final solutions for production in print or digital (phone App and Website).
- 3+ years visualization/ communication design experience
- Experience with vector illustration
- Proficient in the use of current industry standard software – Adobe Creative Cloud (Specifically Illustrator, Photoshop and In-Design)
- Proficiency with making layout revisions from Acrobat PDF edits/markups
- Keen eye for detail along with high standards for quality
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, and collaborate with multiple personalities
- Understanding of contemporary graphic design, layout, color and typography
- Composition and design fundamentals
- Color management
- Pre-flight process for digital and print
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to the changing needs of the business and user studies
- Commitment to production schedules, deadlines and seeing projects all the way through to completion
- Designing of patient focused and marketing and Brand related materials including: IFU manual, Health practitioner brochures.