Summary of Role
We are seeking a hands-on manager for our Mechanical and Materials Engineering group. In this position you will lead and mentor a team engineers and technicians to complete product development deliverables and meet key business needs. This position is responsible for conducting concept development for high visibility strategic programs through the innovation process, including opportunity generation, concept development and transition into product development within newly identified high growth spaces leveraging both existing skill sets as well as new skill sets as needed.
- Oversee the design, development and testing of all mechanical and electro-mechanical components within our wearable platform.
- Lead a small team of mechanical/biomedical engineers and technicians in all phases of product development from research to manufacturing transfer across multiple projects.
- Provide technical mentorship and coaching and foster professional growth within the team.
- Provide intellectual input and guidance on design, prototyping, and testing activities.
- Continuously improve engineering best practices and advise team on appropriate documentation practices and use of tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent. 10+ relevant engineering experience, with a minimum of 3 years management experience with direct reports.
- Well-versed in product development processes and quality systems for medical devices, preferably Class III.
- Experience in leading or supporting projects within a cross-functional team environment.
- Knowledge of general manufacturing processes including injection molding, sheet metal, machining, PCB fabrication, and various plastic part joining technologies including ultrasonic welding.