Summary of Role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our software development team. You will be owning the development and deployment of operations data systems from the ground up. This software will deliver alerts and therapy reporting within minutes of cardiac arrest, helping patients to live longer and healthier by managing acute and chronic heart conditions, and enabling data scientists to find new solutions to heart diseases.
The ideal candidate has a background in building first generation data systems in startups and thrives in an environment with many unknowns and small teams with large meaningful problems to solve. As an early member of the team, you will have a high level of freedom to innovate with the latest cloud technologies.
This is the job for you, if you…
- have experience building multi-tenant SaaS applications.
- have experience with Microservices Architectures, AWS and Lambda functions.
- have experience setting up CI/CD process using BitBucket, Jenkins etc.
- demonstrate ability to mentor other software developers to maintain software quality and adopt right architectural principles.
- have experience with development of large-scale distributed Web services Infrastructure.
- are results oriented – has track record for delivering results, takes ownership and is accountable
- Design and build a scalable, HIPAA compliant systems for data from medical wearable devices, mobile applications, and web tools.
- Prototype new designs, test, iterate, and ultimately deliver production ready code.
- Integrate with medical and manufacturing databases to enable data access across systems.
- Build development, QA, staging, and production environments while developing deployment processes and monitoring to ensure high reliability production systems.
- Understands and ensures compliance standards pertaining to the organization
- Evaluates current systems to improve operations and reporting
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas to stakeholders.
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the appropriate software development technologies and infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience in designing and development experience in Java / Python
- Strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles
- Must have experience in building enterprise applications using technology stack like – Java, J2EE, Spring, Angular, Maven, SVN, JSP, SAML
- Strong hands-on experience with AWS cloud development stack – Ex: Lambda, EC2, ECS, Redis
- Must have good working knowledge of AWS Security and AWS Network setup, e.g. CloudFormation, Auto Scaling, Security Groups, AWS (SNS, SES), AWS CloudWatch, AWS Elastic File Service (EFS), AWS CloudFront, AWS CloudWatch
- Understand database concepts and optimization techniques. – NOSQL, RDS
- Experience releasing software using a continuous deployment pipeline – BitBucket, Jenkins, CloudFormation, Serverless
- Experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests
- Knowledge of interoperability standards such as FHIR, HL7, CCD, C-CDA is a plus
- Excellent communication skills.
- Big data knowledge
- Experience in medical devices or regulated environments or projects involving HIPAA compliant data.